The planned launch of Multi-Collateral Dai (MCD) is November 18—less than three weeks away! To ensure a smooth upgrade from Single-Collateral Dai (Sai) to MCD for all in the Maker ecosystem, we are working closely with our partners to connect our test deployments of MCD with their test environments. Additionally, as part of our MCD security roadmap, we’re battle-testing the smart contracts to uncover any integration issues early. These efforts help ensure that your favorite decentralized applications (dapps) featuring Dai on the Maker Protocol support MCD functionality immediately upon launch.
Below is a list of partners that have already integrated with one of our MCD Kovan testnet deployments. Some offer test environments, which we encourage users to take advantage of at their convenience. Individual user testing not only greatly benefits the ecosystem, but also assists in the success of MCD by uncovering integration issues before launch. If you need Kovan ETH for testing the partner apps below, use this faucet.
- Argent. Argent is a mobile wallet that currently supports SCD and CDPs. For the MCD-ready initiative, Argent has integrated test functionality for upgrading SCD to MCD, and for accessing the Dai Savings Rate (DSR).
- Leverj. Leverj, a decentralized cryptocurrency derivatives trading platform that focuses on leveraged positions, has integrated with MCD on the Kovan and Ropsten testnets. Specifically, it has integrated test functionality to support the Dai token on its exchange, where it can be traded for ETH, REP, and LEV. Integration also allows users to earn the DSR and assist with migration from Sai (SCD) to Dai once MCD is live on mainnet. Dai will be the primary stablecoin for spot and derivatives markets on Leverj. Test it now!
- Status. Status offers a decentralized messenger, crypto wallet, and a dapp browser. It has added its Status Network Token (SNT) as collateral to the 0.2.10 MCD release on the Kovan testnet and generated Kovan-Dai against it. Test adding your own token as collateral, here.
- OmiseGO is a plasma implementation enabling businesses and individuals to securely offer and access a wide range of financial services, and invest, exchange, and spend digital assets anytime, anywhere. OmiseGo has added the Dai token to their test network, Samrong, and has enabled fee payments in Dai. Try it out!
- Zerion is a “gateway to decentralized finance” that allows users to invest in, earn interest on, and borrow crypto assets through multiple underlying protocols. For its public test application, Zerion supports modifying existing CDPs. To test, first create a Kovan CDP using the MCD CDP Portal, and then connect to the Zerion test app to modify it (insert your own CDP address in the URL to test).
The Maker Foundation continues to work to ensure a seamless and secure transition from Single-Collateral Dai to Multi-Collateral Dai for all projects that interact with the Maker Protocol. Testing helps us meet that goal.
If you’re a developer with an app you’d like to test-integrate with MCD, review the following resources or contact the Integration team for assistance:
- Latest Kovan deployments
- Drawing Dai from the Kovan MCD deployment using Seth
- Add a new collateral type to DCS - Kovan
- Upgrading to Multi-Collateral Dai
Please join us in our mission to shape the future of commerce on the blockchain. To learn more about MCD, read our MCD-related blog posts. To learn more about MakerDAO, join the conversation on the Maker Forum.