Happy Holidays! Check out the latest with MakerDAO in this post.
Wow, what a year! A year ago, on December 18, 2017, the first MKR vote to activate single collateral Dai was made, and the Dai Credit System became operational. Please join us in celebrating our first BirthDai and the tremendous work from the Maker community!
- 77M Dai in circulation
- 1.5% of total Ether supply locked up in CDPs
- 5000+ CDPs have been opened
- Maintained peg despite 90% drop in the price of ETH
- Topped 200 integrations & partnerships, including Wyre, Tradeshift
Executive Vote: Decreasing the Stability Fee
This month, we saw increased demand for Dai due to the market’s high volatility, so to address this a new proposal was submitted to decrease the Dai Stability Fee. MKR holders have a responsibility to monitor the state of the system, which is continuously active and therefore requires continuous governance.
On December 17, MKR holders began participating in an Executive Vote to decrease the stability fee for Dai from 2.5% to 0.5%. You can see the results here.
Check out new improvements on Oasis.Direct
Oasis.Direct introduced several improvements and features like better proxy visibility, native Ledger Live support, interface additions and more. In this newest version, you will find an updated interface, as well as new features such as the ability to now manually create a Proxy and enable tokens for trading.
You can check out the announcement here.
DAI and MKR on Coinbase Pro
MakerDAO on Cheddar TV
Our President and COO Steven Becker was interviewed on Cheddar to discuss the value and importance of stablecoins.
Check out the full video here.
See the Latest Dai Integrations
We’re excited to share new developments in the ecosystem that have integrated Dai for various use cases.
- You can now use Dai to hedge your portfolio with Coinplan. Hedging your cryptocurrency portfolio lowers the overall risk of your portfolio, which you can do through our stablecoin.(See more here.)
- DyDx Protocol enables decentralized margin trading and now features Dai as a quote currency for Margin Tokens! (Read more here.)
- After a Compound Finance community vote, Dai was added to their platform, allowing you to earn interest on Dai, use it as collateral to borrow assets, and borrow Dai! (Read how here.)
- Freewallet has added Dai to their app for web, iOS and Android, allowing you to exchange it right within the multi-currency wallet. (Check out Freewallet.)
- InstaDapp revealed a new “Borrow and Send” feature that allows users to instantly send borrowed Dai, effectively turning your CDP into a wallet.
- imToken 2.0 integrated our CDP portal directly into their wallet, allowing you to save Dai or leverage it for trades from within your wallet. (Read more here.)
For five merry days in December, we gave out care packages to lucky winners who used their Dai. Packages were full of swag, including shirts, stickers, and a custom Maker Ledger Nano S. We were very pleased to see folks use Dai in creative ways this holiday season, from purchasing giftcards to donating Dai through meaningful charities.
Maker at Slush and ETHSingapore
We were honored to participate at Nordic Fintech Night and Slush to join tech innovators in discussing hot topics. Co-founder Rune Christensen spoke at several events about MakerDAO and the future of money. In the panel above, he specifically touched on the fundamental changes cryptos are bringing to the world of finance. What does it mean if money becomes programmable? Moreover, he dove into the implications of cryptofinance, in the context of financial inclusion and privacy.
Additionally, ETHSingapore was a hit, where many interesting projects were submitted. It was amazing to see over 250 hackers come together over the weekend to work on projects. Hacks ranged from allowing a DAICO (Decentralized Autonomous ICO) to hedge their funds, to enabling users to buy and bundle Sets using ETH in a single transaction, to enabling users to perform limit and stop orders on a static website hosted on IPFS. For example, winning team Dai.ly allows you to make payments in Dai without the need for Ether, abstracting it away allows for substantially easier wallet management.
As usual, we hosted a Dappy Hour afterparty where participants bought beers with Dai.
Here’s to a great 2018 and an even better 2019!